BroncoDirect: Instructor - How to Record Grades
BroncoDirect, the Web portal for PeopleSoft, provides a convenient method for faculty to enter grades for their class sections.
You will need the following before beginning the process of entering your grades:
- BroncoName and BroncoPassword
Note: If you don't know your BroncoName and/or need to change your BroncoPassword, see:
Information Security: Password - BroncoPassword FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
If you know your BroncoName but forgot your BroncoPassword, you may be able to reset your password yourself. See:
Resetting Your BroncoPassword.
If after going through the above eHelp tutorials, you still have questions, contact the Cal Poly Pomona Help Desk by submitting a help request form or stop by the Cal Poly Pomona Help Desk with your Bronco Access Card or another photo ID. The Cal Poly Pomona Help Desk is located in Building 1, Room 100. It is important to change your password from the default.
- Accurate Class Roster
Note: You should verify the accuracy of your class list before the end of the third week each quarter. This verification is essential to the grading process. You will not be able to remove or add students to the grade roster.
Grades will be entered online via the grade rosters created from your class rosters and made available on the first day of final exams.
Note: You may enter grades at any time between 8:00 AM on Monday of finals week and 8:00 AM on Wednesday of the following week.
- Sign in to BroncoDirect at http://www.csupomona.edu/~broncodirect.
- To access your grade rosters, click on the Faculty Center (Roster/Grades) link.
- On the Faculty Center page, click on the Grade Roster icon (second column from the left) corresponding to the class you are going to grade.
Note: If Open University students are enrolled in your class, there will be an additional roster for them marked with an "E" for Extended University.
- Enter grades.
Notes: You may enter grades individually or all at once. The pull-down box limits your grade choices to those that are permitted at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Save your entries each time you exit the grade roster.
Note: You may return to the grade roster to add or change grades as many times as needed.
- After you have entered a grade for every student on a given roster, you must approve the entire roster by selecting "Approve" on the Approval Status pull-down menu.
- Click Save.
- You will then see a pop-up box confirming that you have approved your grades.
NOTE: You must complete and "Approve" all rosters before the due date for grading (8:00 AM on the Wednesday after finals week).
Note: If you exit your grade roster without “approving” it, you will see a pop-up box reminding you to approve the roster when you have completed the grading for that class.
- You are done. Once you have entered, saved and approved your grades, you will see a pop-up box that lets you know you have successfully completed the grading process for your class.
- Grades are posted to students’ records within one business day after approval. They are accessible to students via BroncoDirect once they have been posted.
- Plan your grading carefully since the grade audit trail system requires additional documentation to enter late grades or change grades once they become official. Individual grade changes must be performed using one printed Change of Grade Form per student.
- It is essential that grade rosters are completed and "Approved" before the end of the grading period; otherwise, student grades will not be posted for your course.
- The primary instructor for the course must enter the grades. This task may not be delegated or completed by secondary instructors.
- Incorrect class rosters cause havoc in this system. You must verify your rosters before the end of the third week of the quarter.
- Be sure that you complete the full grading process. Grades cannot be posted until you enter a grade for each student on the grade roster, "Approve" and then "Save" the grade roster.
For help with technical issues, contact the Cal Poly Pomona Help Desk.
Log into Web Help Desk (WHD) and submit a Help Desk ticket to the Cal Poly Pomona Help Desk (you will need to know your BroncoName and BroncoPassword). If you can't log into WHD, use the help request form or stop by the I&IT Help Desk in Building 1, Room 100.
Help Desk Regular Business Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Fridays: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Note: Help Desk hours may be modified to 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, when classes are not in session during the winter and spring breaks.
Help Desk Summer Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Fridays: Closed
- Exception: Regular Business Hours during the weeks of June 30, 2014 – July 3, 2014 and July 28, 2014 - August 1, 2014.
For help with extra or missing grade rosters, contact Cynthia Chatfield at X2101.
- For help with the grading procedure, contact Cynthia Chatfield at X2101 or Cynthia Brown at X3121.
- You can also contact Claudia Pinter-Lucke at X3288 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.